6 March 2013

6th March - Kings of Convenience's Quiet is the New Loud


Artist – Album: Kings of Convenience – Quiet is the New Loud
Released:  6th February 2001
Sounds Like: Injustice

It may be almost 24 hours since Manchester United were controversially evicted from the Champions League by Real Madrid but I’m afraid, like Sir Alex Ferguson, I’m still too distraught to talk to the world at large. Instead I’ll hand over to my assistantant bloggerer, to release the following statement on my behalf:

“I don't think Joe the blogger is in any fit state to talk to his readers. It speaks volumes that I am sat here typing and not the manager of this fantastic music blog. Yesterday we all witnessed a decision that seemed very harsh, and then we had to listen to the boring, quiet-is-the-new-quiet Kings of Convenience album.

What we needed after yesterday’s hullabaloo was something aggressive and fighty, so we could rage against the ref. Or maybe something incredibly giddy, something that bounced and bopped and made us forget all about Nani’s ridiculous red card. Or even some dulcet acoustic comforter, something to put its arm around us and make us feel better and remind us there’s always the Premier League and the FA Cup. Quiet is the New Loud comes closest to that last one, but in truth it’s generally just a little underwhelming. There are some lovely little ditties scattered around here such as ‘I Don’t Know What I Can Save You From’, but mostly it’s just a bit meh.

We can only hope that next year we can go further in the competition, and tomorrow we can enjoy a more interesting album."

Albumaday... rating: 5/10

1.       Winning a Battle, Losing the War – 3:55
2.       Toxic Girl – 3:09
3.       Singing Softly to Me – 3:09
4.       I Don’t Know What I Can Save You From – 4:38
5.       Failure – 3:34
6.       The Weight of My Words – 4:08
7.       The Girl From Back Then – 2:30
8.       Leaning Against the Wall – 3:18
9.       Little Kids – 3:46
10.   Summer on the Westhill – 4:34
11.   The Passenger – 3:14
12.   Parallel Lines – 5:12 

Listen to ‘I Don’t Know What I Can Save You From’: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpcYwZr6L2o
  




No comments:

Post a Comment